2010年4月23日 星期五

Exploring iGoogle and pictures

A picture named huey.gifGot an email from Don Loeb this morning with news that iGoogle now supports pictures in RSS feeds. So I thought I should check it out.


I wanted to add a photo feed. Went looking for a way to just enter the address of the feed, but instead found a page where I could create a gadget from a feed.


Add to Google


I tried clicking on it.


It worked but it didn't do anything special with the pictures.


Changed the presentation style to Slideshow, with a very nice result.


BTW, here's an iGoogle button for Scripting News.


Add to Google


Nice! smile


PS: It would be great if Google supported Realtime RSS. I updated my feed 30 minutes ago but the change still hasn't been reflected in iGoogle. (I know, they want me to support their proprietary way of doing notification, I want them to do it the open way. You'll know that Google has become a serious competitor when they take advantage of every open format and protocol in the interest of making their product work better.)


http://bit.ly/933s6m